Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Grou

DSC02383.jpg
Train station, Grou.
Originally uploaded by don.
I had completely forgotten about this photo. I had taken it in October last year (2005). We were staying at a campsite there for a long weekend with the kids. This was a wet monday or tuesday morning on my way into work in Leeuwarden. We have bought a house since then. I love it up here. A few thoughts though. The difference between town and city life, especially here in Friesland. It's my first time living in a village but I love it. I'm going to take a course in fresian in the autumn. Also living in a village. It is so unbelievably dark at night... fabulous. Yes the pace of life is much easier going. The cycle to and from work everyday is great (in the summer at least), there is so much wildlife to see. I know I'm a hopeless city dweller.

Grou is a very old town (with city rights). It is nice to see, the people are friendly and in the summer if you like water sports it's basically the place to be.

No comments: