Saturday, September 24, 2005

Favourite Fresian town?

Ok what's your favourite Fresian:

  • Town
  • Village
  • Wadden Island
and why?

This is not a competition. It's just about peoples opinions

From my own mini opinion poll I think people like Sneek and Harlingen the most, though I know of some people who love Lemmer and Dokkum as well. Wadden Islands: I've only ever been to Terschelling once, about 15 years ago so I have no valid opinion. I have heard that Ameland and Vlieland are favourites here.

Reactions in english please, if that's difficult just mention the towns, villages and/ or islands that you like and leave it at that, thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Difficult to choose! As mentioned before, during my childhood I spent a lot of time near Aldeboarn.

Across the Ee, you have to extremely lovely town of Grou. It gets very busy during the summer.

Then there's Earnewald. Some friends of mine live there. It's nice and quiet, not quite discovered by tourists yet.

I have a thing for the smaller villages. That's obvious :)

Don Crowley said...

Hayo - thanks for that, I was wondering what Grou would be like. Good that you like villages... I don't hear much about that side of Friesland at all.