Monday, September 12, 2005

Restart

Today is Monday. I'm moving up to Friesland on Sunday, but I've just realized that I may have to redraw my map of Friesland and my travel plans. The 11 cities are the cause of this change of tactic. Considering that they must be central to Friesian culture . I have found out at this site that the eleven cities are Leeuwarden, Dokkum, Bolsward, Hindeloopen, Staveren, Franeker, Harlingen, Sneek, Workum, Sloten and IJlst. At least five are not on my map, so it's back to the drawing board. I have also heard that Drachten is not so interesting and I'm still hearing nothing about Lemmer. When i arrive up there I'll check out what the locals think of those places. I'm also thinking of conducting a small opinion poll amoung the locals, asking them to name their two favourite Fresian cities and villages. That way I might hear some interesting things, assuming they are proud of their province. More soon.

No comments: